The following Winter Sports Travel Insurance Tips are brought to you by InsureMyTravel.ie, the name you can trust for Winter Sports Travel Insurance in Ireland.
- When travelling abroad always always bring a copy of your Winter Sports Travel Insurance policy number and emergency number and keep them safe.
- If your luggage or skies go missing or is damaged, you will need to report the incident to the airline and complete a PIR Report.
- As a beginner or returning skier it’s important that the ski equipment you rent, borrow or own is up to the scratch. You need to check that both the skis and poles you have match both your height and skiing ability. You also need to check that your ski bindings are set correctly. The ski rental shop should do this for you but no harm to know what to look for yourself.
- Make sure you have appropriate winter sports clothing. You should dress in clothes designed specifically for winter sports as these will keep you dry and warm and transport sweat away from your body.
- Wear goggles or sun glasses. They will prevent snow blindness caused by the sun reflecting off the snow and can help prevent accidents.
- Wear a helmet to prevent head injuries.
- Use a high factor sun screen. Sunburn is highly likely when skiing as the sun is more powerful at altitudes and reflects off the snow.
- Purchase a ski lock before you go and remember to use it when you leave your skis unattended.
- In the unfortunate event that you have items stolen, report the incident to the local police station within 24 hours to confirm the theft has occurred.
- If you fall ill abroad or have an accident ensure you contact the emergency assistance number on your Winter Sports Travel Insurance documents and keep all receipts from the Health Centre, Doctor, or Hospital.
- Remember the reason you have bought Winter Sports Travel Insurance is so that you can relax and we can take care of any issues you might have on holidays.
How to get your Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Get a quote now and see how Insure My Travel can give you a great deal at low prices on your Winter Sports Travel Insurance policy.
Get Your Winter Sports Travel Insurance Quote